Maison Kaiser Bread Mix
This product is currently sold out.
Maison Kayser, a high-end bread specialty store, created a mix that will allow you to easily make bread with a crispy exterior and chewy interior. The only ingredients to prepare are dry yeast and water! Each pack can make two loaves.
*If making the bread at home, please reduce water by 20ml.
**If the room temperature is 25C or higher, please use cold water.
***If using a bread machine/home bakery, please follow the instructions of your machine.
How to Make One (1) Loaf Bread:
290g Bread Mix
3g (1 tsp) Active Dry Yeast
190ml Water (use 170ml if making at home)
AP Flour (for dusting)
- Mix all ingredients together and knead until dough is smooth.
- Cover the dough with a plastic wrap or cloth and let rest on the surface for 10-15 minutes. (If the dough sticks, use flour).
- When the dough has risen, let the air out by punching lightly.
- Turn it over, and fold the dough in half. Turn it over again, turn 90 degrees and fold again in 3 equal parts.
- Roll with both hands until it forms a rod.
- Place rolled dough on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, cover with cloth or plastic wrap, and allow the dough to ferment (proof) for 40-50 minutes. (While waiting, preheat oven to 200C)
- With a knife, cut 4-5 incisions on the top of the dough. You can sprinkle AP flour for decoration.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes until surface is well brown.